This IDC Manufacturing Insights Presentation details Western European manufacturers' IT adoption strategies and investment plans for 2017. The data has been sourced from the annual IDC European Vertical Markets Survey, 2016, covering 261 manufacturers.
Key topics include business outlook and priorities, IT budgets, IT strategies, trends, and adoption levels.
This presentation addresses questions such as:
- What are the business initiatives in terms of how much they are leading manufacturers' agenda for 2017?
- What percentage of the IT budget will be allocated to:
- Maintain/run existing systems
- Upgrade existing systems
- Regulatory compliance
- What is the status of cloud in manufacturing?
- Do manufacturing companies already use or are they planning to adopt an Internet-of-Things (IoT) solution? How is IoT currently used?
- How many manufacturers are using or are planning to use 3D printing, robotics, augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR), and cognitive/artificial intelligence (AI)?
For the full description of the survey methodology, please refer to IDC's A Look Into 2017 Vertical Markets and SMBs: IDC European Vertical Markets Survey Methodology, 2016 (IDC #EMEA40710516, November 2016).
3D printer, Augmented and virtual reality, Big data analytics and discovery, Cognitive/artificial intelligence, Digital transformation, Engineering applications, Enterprise asset management, Enterprise mobility, Global IT and economic markets, Hybrid clouds, Information protection and control, Networking and connectivity devices, Operations and manufacturing applications, Private cloud services, Public cloud services, Security management, Social networking, Supply chain management applications