This IDC Web Conference presents the main points of IDC's live webinar entitled "IDC's 2019 Retail Innovation Survey Highlights: The Path Toward Commerce Everywhere Business Models," held on July 9, 2019. Data in this webinar was based on the third edition of IDC's Global Retail Innovation Survey, conducted with 607 retailers. During the webinar, IDC Retail Insights Research Director Andrea Sangalli and IDC Retail Insights Senior Research Analyst Giulio Raffaele provided an overview of key findings of the survey and answered the audience's questions.
Over the past two years, we have witnessed:
- The rise of retail commerce platforms and of artificial intelligence analytics foundations
- The uptake in customer experience-enabling investments
- Increasing retailer awareness that retail innovation goes well beyond pure technology implementation
This has led IDC to predict the affirmation of Commerce Everywhere business models, designed to operate "commerce" beyond the "transaction" and "everywhere" beyond "customer-facing."
During this live and exclusive webinar, the presenters:
- Share key trends and challenges of retail business model innovation and customer experience (CX)
- Discuss retail innovation maturity, upon which the IDC Retail Innovation Index will be built
- Provide an overview of the key differences across the U.S., Europe, and Asia/Pacific regions
- Share key findings on retailers' investment priorities
- Provide an update on the status of implementation for retail commerce platforms and CX models