The IDC Government Insights: United States State and Local Government IT Spending Guide examines the state and local government opportunity from a technology, subindustry, state, and functional perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the state and local government technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
IDC Government Insights: United States State and Local Government IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the state and local government market:
- 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- 4 technology groups with 21 technology categories: Hardware (enterprise network, external storage system, hardcopy peripheral, high-end enterprise server, midrange enterprise server, PC monitor, smartphone, tablet, traditional PC, and volume server), software (application development and deployment, ERM — financial applications, ERM — human capital management, ERM — other, office suites, system infrastructure software, and other applications), services (IT consulting, systems integration, technology outsourcing, and other IT services)
- 2 subindustries: State and local
- 15 functions: Agriculture; arts, cultural affairs, and tourism; continuing education and workforce training; court, justice, jails, and police; emergency response and fire; executive offices; human resource management; labor and workforce development, business, and industry; natural resource and environment management; public utilities; regulation, licensing, and inspection; social services and public health; transportation and motor vehicle administration; treasury, revenue, and financial management; and other functions
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The deliverable for this spending guide includes:
- Annual five-year forecasts by technology, subindustry, state and function delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's IDC Government Insights: United States State and Local Government IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a state level. Segmented by subindustry, function, state and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing segments of the state and local government technology market and how the market will develop over the coming years.