Datacenter infrastructure is rapidly evolving as digital transformation initiatives drive the need for greater IT agility, developer-friendly infrastructure, and industrial robustness at scale. Multicloud is the core of the agile, orchestrated, intelligent and trusted digital platform, enabling immersive customer and user experiences. Digital workloads such as Big Data and the Internet of Things are driving new designs for datacenter architectures, as well as demands for ever greater data security. IDC's European Multicloud Infrastructure research identifies and analyzes the opportunities, technologies, and trends in this complex and rapidly developing business area, covering European infrastructure building blocks for cloud, converged and hyperconverged systems, the service provider market, and cloud management software market. This service provides the market intelligence necessary to help product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals develop successful business strategies.
European Multicloud Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Multicloud management software (orchestration, automation)
- Multicloud readiness and end-user requirements
- Service provider infrastructure spending and key requirements
- Datacenter and IT infrastructure transformation
- Containers, Open Compute, OpenStack, and other approaches
- Cloud infrastructure compliance within European regulation including Code of Conducts
- Next-generation datacenters (containers, modular datacenters, etc.)
- Workloads migration trends between cloud environments
- Converged and hyperconverged systems
- Market Analysis Perspective: EMEA Infrastructure for Multicloud, 2020
- Multicloud Readiness in Europe: 2019 Survey Highlights
- European Cloud System Management Market Shares 2019
- Western Europe Cloud System Management Market Share and Forecast, 2019–2024
- European system and service management software market shares 2019
- European system and service management software forecast, 2019 – 2024
- Vendor profiles of multicloud management vendors
- Multicloud in Europe — Scenarios and Implications for IT Buyers
- Infrastructure Learnings from Interviews with European xSPs
- European Service Provider Infrastructure Research – Data and Insights
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leaders and emerging vendors in the European multicloud market?
- What is the impact of multicloud transformation on datacenter infrastructure in Europe?
- How can European IT buyers orchestrate multicloud with hardware, software, and process adjustments?
- How quickly is European datacenter infrastructure spending moving from on-premise to the cloud?
- Who are the key providers of multicloud hardware and software in the European market?
- What do different European service providers need to build a successful multicloud business?
- What are the readiness levels and major challenges for IT buyers building multicloud in Europe?
- What are the key annual market shares of system management software vendors in Western Europe?
ARM Limited, Acer Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apptio Inc., Automic Software GmbH, BMC Software, Inc., Broadcom Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Cherwell Software LLC, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dell EMC, Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Equinix Inc., Flexera Software, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Ivanti Software, Inc., LANDesk Software, Inc., Lenovo Group Limited, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NIMBOXX, Inc., NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Parallels International GmbH, Quest Software Inc., Rackspace Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rightscale Inc., Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, SAP SE, SUSE Linux GmbH, Scale Computing Inc., Schindler Holding Ltd., ScienceLogic, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., SimpliVity, Inc., Splunk Inc., Stratus Technologies Inc., Super Micro Computer Inc., Symantec Corporation, Teradata Corporation, Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Veeam Software AG, Wiwynn Corporation, transtec AG