IDC's Enterprise Communications Services analyzes enterprise demand for WAN networking services and embedded communications services (CPaaS). The network services include MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, and IP Services. It covers Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 WAN connectivity, IP voice services, internet access, and emerging services such as cloud connect services. The program also includes RTC API-based services offered by CPaaS providers that include programmable voice, messaging, and video APIs. The research examines service provider strategies for targeting the enterprise market and evaluates the competitive positioning of a variety of players including traditional telecom providers, managed service providers, and CPaaS providers. The program also explores demand-side market dynamics, the factors fueling enterprise WAN evolution, business adoption of VoIP solutions, and the dynamics of creating API-based applications.
Enterprise Communications Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Carrier Ethernet outlook
- MPLS outlook
- IP voice and data outlook
- Enterprise networking services dynamics
- CPaaS voice, SMS, and video forecast and trends
- Profiles of unique and innovative services and companies
- Emerging communications service provider trends
- Demand-side analysis developed from IDC's Enterprise Communications Survey
- IDC MarketScape: U.S. Enterprise Telecommunications Vendor Assessment
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide CPaaS Vendor Assessment
- Carrier Ethernet Services Market Forecast
- CPaaS Market Forecast
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey
- Enterprise Migration Trends
- U.S. Telecommunications Services Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which WAN technologies are best positioned to benefit from migration trends?
- What applications will drive demand for Ethernet WAN, VPN, and wavelength services?
- What is CPaaS, and what use cases are gaining traction?
- How are enterprises adopting/creating API-based applications?
- What are the factors and emerging trends influencing enterprise data and voice migration, technology adoption, and telecom purchasing decisions?
- What are the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the various players targeting the enterprise telecommunications market in the United States?
AT&T Inc., Agora Lab, Inc., BT Group plc, CHARTER BUSINESS SYSTEMS, CLX Networks AB, COX BUSINESS SERVICES, INC., CenturyLink, Inc., Cogent Communications Group, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Frontier Communications Corp., Masergy Communications Inc., Messagebird B.V., NTT, Orange S.A., Plivo Inc., Reliance Globalcom Ltd., SAP SE, Sidera Networks Inc., SightCall, Inc., Sprint Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Communications Limited, Twilio, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Vonage Holdings Corp., West Corporation, Windstream Holdings, Inc., Zayo Group Holdings Inc.
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, Broadband, Enterprise Voice & IP Communications Services, and Unified Communications
Group Vice President of Worldwide Telecommunications Research
Research VP, WW Telecom , Virtualization & CDN