For many IT vendors, sales targets continue to increase every year at rates upward of 15% annually. In contrast, worldwide IT spending in the large enterprise segment is forecast to grow by only 3.9% in 2020. To achieve higher numbers, IT vendors need to be better informed and sell smarter. Selling smarter means having a more intimate understanding of buyers, including their unique business challenges and objectives and, in particular, better market analytics focused on their overall IT purchasing behavior and priorities. IDC's Worldwide IT Wallet service provides an analysis of the regional IT spending strategies and budgets for more than 2,700 of the world's largest companies. The research is crafted to arm sales and marketing organizations with the specific information they need to incorporate into a smart selling strategy.
Worldwide IT Wallet
This product covers the following technologies for the IT Wallet companies:
- IT services
- Telecom services
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Internal IT spend
- Regional IT spending by Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Asia/Pacific, and the Americas
- Customer spending trends and priorities within 39 industries
- Size and growth of IT spending by company and by region
- Drivers impacting IT spending growth by company
- Company IT strategies and buying behavior
- Economic health of each company
- Events impacting IT spending by company
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
- IT Wallet, July Update
- IT Wallet – Latest Spring Update
- IT Wallet, December Update
- IT Wallet – Latest Fall Update
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which companies are the largest spenders on IT products and services?
- How does IT buying behavior differ by company?
- How does the technology product mix differ by company?
- How does company IT adoption differ by region?
- How can vendors and suppliers best position and sell their products and services to different customer market segments?