IDC's Consumer Technology Strategy Service: Platinum provides B2C marketers and product managers with high-quality insights to guide the success and growth of their consumer-facing marketing and product strategies. The service provides analysis of how and why U.S. consumers buy and use technology, the brands they trust, and related trends.
The service leverages frequent surveys to measure consumer technology spending and share of wallet. The program also unpacks the attitudes and dynamics behind consumer behavior, explaining brand and product performance. It identifies the benefits consumers see in new features and technologies, guiding more relevant marketing and messaging. It helps companies identify, profile, and understand current users and future targets for devices, services, and subscriptions.
- Quarterly 60-Minute Webinar with Key Findings/Guidance (Custom)
- The Consumer Technology Landscape: 2020
- Consumer Device and Service Penetration & Profiles
- Consumer Device Refresh Rates
- Consumer Technology Spending (Share of Wallet, IDC Purchase Index, IDC Subscription Index)
- Consumer Technology Brand Sentiment (IDC Brand Trust Index)
- Recent Smartphone Buyer Behavior (aligned with Tracker)
- Recent PC/Tablet Buyer Behavior (aligned with Tracker)
- Recent Smart TV and Streaming Device Buyer Behavior
- Consumer Usage, NPS, Preferences, and Future Intent (reports for: Smartphones, PCs, Tablets, Smart TVs/Streaming Devices, Smart Homes, Video Games, Video Content, Mobile Service, Wearables)
- Tech Company Trust and Government Regulation
- Connected Car Sentiment
- Ask the Consumer (ATC): Opportunity for subscribers to include five questions in an IDC consumer survey for exclusive client use
- Up to 100 hours of annual inquiry
- Market sight license for data access and manipulation
- Plus four unique documents
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.