IDC's Small and Medium Business Communications Services service identifies opportunities for providers of advanced communications technology products and services that address the needs of small and midsize businesses (SMBs) in the United States with fewer than 1,000 employees. This program provides forecasts, vendor profiles, and analysis of the consumption of telecom solutions such as voice, unified communications, broadband, and wireless. The research examines communications service provider strategies for targeting the SMB market and evaluates the competitive positioning of a variety of players including traditional telecom providers, cable MSOs, and managed service providers. This service provides quantitative data in the areas of business bundling, broadband, mobility, and voice services. This data is supplemented and enhanced by annual surveys on SMB preferences, adoption, and behaviors related to these communications services.
Small and Medium Business Communications Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- SMB broadband, voice, and wireless bundled services
- SMB broadband services including cable, fiber, DSL, and fixed wireless access
- Migration from legacy voice to advanced IP-based voice services
- Managed services for SMB including managed Wi-Fi and SD-WAN
- SMB unified communications and collaboration (UCaaS)
- Cable MSO business and bundling strategy
- Wireless and wireline integration for business
- Cloud-based business applications
- SMB Telecom, Voice, and Data Revenue Forecast
- Managed Wi-Fi Services Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. SMB Broadband Services Forecast
- SMB Telecom, Broadband, and Video Survey Analysis
- SMB Managed Services Survey Analysis
- SMB Communications Services Survey Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which business segments are adopting new IP-based and managed services?
- How can service providers maximize their service offerings to drive subscribership and reduce churn?
- Which managed services will drive new growth opportunities for service providers in the SMB market?
- What are the factors and emerging trends influencing SMB data and voice migration, technology adoption, and telecom purchasing decisions?
- Which technology and partnerships will make service providers the most competitive when selling services to businesses?
8x8 Inc., AT&T Inc., Altice N.V., Birch Communications Inc., BroadSoft, Inc., Cable One, Inc., Calix Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc., Cox Business Services LLC, Frontier Communications Corp., Google LLC, HP Inc., IBM, Lumen Technologies, Inc., MegaPath Group Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, Polycom, Inc., Spectrum Business Ventures, T-Mobile International AG, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vonage Holdings Corp., Windstream Holdings, Inc.