IDC's Content Infrastructure service provides coverage of the developing technologies, use cases, and business models around infrastructure and software for unstructured data. Clients benefit from comprehensive views provided of the unstructured data storage market including forecasts, ecosystems, competitive analysis, customer requirements for workloads and use cases, and technology assessments.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Evolution of finding value of unstructured data and driving business outcomes
- Infrastructure and technology evolution to support unstructured data and data lakes
- Vendors delivering scale-out file- and object-based solutions with focus on architectures, use cases, and supporting software
- Unstructured data management (content management) using metadata based tools
- Infrastructure and technology requirements for industries such as energy, biotech, and media/entertainment
- File- and object-based storage market (terabytes shipped and revenue)
- Infrastructure and software for unstructured data
- File- and object-based storage market forecast across deployment locations including public cloud (file-based storage services)
- Metadata-based content management tools driving business outcomes by finding value from data
- Use cases and workload developments for unstructured data
- Adoption and use of cloud-native infrastructure and technologies
- Survey-based reports on end-user technology adoption
- Competitive landscape and requirements for markets such as content delivery (video and audio) and use cases
- MaturityScapes and DecisionScapes for digital resilience
- File-based storage IDC MarketScape
- Object-based storage IDC MarketScape
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the opportunity for unstructured data storage product, solutions, and services?
- Who are important and interesting providers of these storage solutions?
- What are the largest and fastest-growing use cases, applications, and workloads for the unstructured data market?
- Who are major buyers, and what do they require in such solutions?
- What are the current market dynamics, and how are they expected to change by deployment location/workloads/use cases?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Caringo, Inc., Cloudian, Inc., DataDirect Networks, Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Igneous Systems, Inc., Mezeo Software Corp., Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, Nasuni Corp., NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Panzura, Inc., Quantum Corporation, Qumulo Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, Scality, Inc., Storage Made Easy, StorageCraft Technology Corporation, SwiftStack, Inc., VMware, Inc., Veritas AG, Western Digital Corporation