IDC's European Managed Print and Content Services (MPDS) research responds to the needs of the print and content management market players – this includes hardware and software vendors, service providers and collaborative and distribution partners. IDC pays attention to the value-added and differentiated services offering that, driven by technology, can support end-users as they implement initiatives to streamline business process workflow, where print pages and digital content both play major roles.
European Managed Print and Content Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Western Europe - France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Benelux, the Nordics, Rest of Western Europe (Austria, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, and Switzerland combined)
- Managed print and content services market outlook
- Evolving end-user requirements to support digital initiatives
- Enterprise content management (ECM) software suites outlook
- Enterprise capture applications market outlook
- Print, device and enterprise output management market outlook
- Evaluation of traditional and new vendor business and pricing models, offerings, capabilities and transformation strategies
- Large enterprise vs SMB requirements
- Development of the cloud print management software market
- Impact of cloud-based applications development and adoption
- Technology-driven market impact
- Western European print services vendor shares
- Western European print services forecast
- Western European print, device and output management software market sizing
- Western European enterprise content management and capture applications forecast
- Hardware/software/channel profiling/competitor analysis
- Developments in the enterprise content and capture markets
- Buying pattern research and analysis
- The role of technology (cloud, big data, mobile, intelligent process automation) in changing the shape of the market
- Competitive analysis of vendors' transformational strategies, acquisitions and diversification strategies
- Securing and regulatory compliance
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will markets grow and evolve over the next five years?
- What are SMB vs enterprise customers looking for in a print and/content services engagement?
- Who are the key and emerging players in these markets? What are their future strategies? How disruptive will they be?
- What are the strategies, processes and technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve and deliver content?
- What are the factors driving the automation and optimization of cloud-based content services?
- How will intelligent process automation change how business-critical content is processed and managed?
- How can vendors offer additional value and distinct competitive differentiation in a maturing market?
- Which vendors demonstrate best practice in developing channel programs and strategy?
ABBYY Solutions Ltd., Alfresco Software, Inc., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Cortado AG, DocuSign, Inc., DocuWare GmbH, ECi Software Solutions, Inc., ELO Digital Office, Ephesoft Inc., EveryonePrint AS, HP Inc., Hyland Software, Inc., IBM, KYOCERA Corporation, Kofax Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Laserfiche Corp., Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., M-Files Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NT-ware Systemprogrammierungs-Gmbh, Nuxeo, Oki Data Corporation, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Papercut Invest AB, Pharos Systems International Inc., PrinterLogic, LLC, Printix.net ApS, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Ringdale Inc., Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Xerox Corporation, Y Soft Corp., iManage LLC
Meet the Experts
European Managed Print & Document Services (MPDS) - Research & Consulting
Vice President, Future of WorkSpace & Imaging, IDC EMEA
Program Director, Imaging and Hardcopy Devices and Document Solutions, European RegionSolutions