As the cloud market expands, so does investment in new builds of commercial datacenters (DCs). In enterprise datacenters, the market sees more projects to decommission and integrate existing facilities, as enterprise IT assets are being moved to the cloud environment. The efficiency of power systems and cooling systems are even more critical for datacenter managers. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility and Colocation Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) service is focused on these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends and forecasts of major markets. In 2020, more commercial datacenter-related research topics will be covered, such as the retail and wholesale colocation market.
Japan Datacenter Facility and Colocation Strategies (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Datacenter census (number of sites, floor space, and power supply)
- End-user spending on new builds of datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- End-user spending on DC facility maintenance
- Investment trends of commercial datacenter operators
- Japan Datacenter Census Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Facility Market Forecast
- Japan Datacenter Managers Survey
- Japan Commercial Datacenter Investment Trends
- Japan Colocation Trends and Strategies 2020
- Japan Datacenter Operational Costs Analysis 2020
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Datacenter 2020 Predictions — Japan Implications
Note: All documents will be delivered in the local language with the exception of up to two market share and market forecast documents, which will be delivered in both English and the local language.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of user spending in new builds of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What is the size of user spending in maintenance of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What challenges are faced by enterprise and commercial datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities design and management?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What is the size of the power supply in those datacenters? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What will happen to the current rapid expansion of commercial datacenters in Japan in next few years?
- What are the opportunities and challenges for retail and wholesale colocation businesses?
- How much do commercial datacenters spend to run and manage the facilities?
AT TOKYO Corporation, Colt Group S.A., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Equinix Inc., Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd., Kajima Corp., Keihanshin Building Co.,Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NTT, NTT Facilities Inc., Obayashi Corp., Schneider Electric SE, Shimizu Corporation, Taisei Corporation, Takenaka Corporation