IDC's Industry Clouds, Solutions and Technology Verticalization Strategies service covers the market for industry cloud offerings, industry platforms, and industry ecosystems. This service tracks the emergence of industry clouds in which multiple companies in an industry collaborate on cloud-based platforms, charts the verticalization and industry footprints of leading cloud service providers, examines the impact of industry clouds on industry value chains and business processes, and evaluates the opportunities presented by industry clouds within all major verticals such as financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, oil and gas, retail, and utilities. On the competitive and strategic nature of industry clouds, the service analyzes industry clouds' impacts on cloud and professional service providers, ecosystems, and the network effects that industry clouds create. In particular, the program tracks industry cloud spending, technology preferences, adoption trends, partnerships, joint ventures, best practices, optimization, use cases, and segmentation. Related to industry cloud, the service analyzes the benefits of industry-specific solutions and how vendors bring them to customers.
Industry Clouds, Solutions and Technology Verticalization Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Tracking and visibility into industry cloud platform creation
- Industry cloud–related spending and technology preferences
- Analysis of industry cloud best practices, strategies, and optimization
- Research and guidance surrounding the verticalization of products and vendor go-to-market strategies
- Industry cloud adoption, partnerships, segmentation, and use cases
- Industry ecosystems, communities, and consortiums
- Competitive and strategic impact of industry clouds on hardware, software, and cloud service providers
- Tracking and profiling the vertical footprints and verticalization strategies of the top cloud service providers such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, SAP, and Salesforce
- Industry Cloud Platform Directory: Semiannual
- Industry Cloud: State of the Union Report
- Industry Cloud Adoption
- IDC MaturityScape for Industry Cloud: The Maturity Curve of Technology Verticalization
- Ecosystem Orchestration Platform Definition
- Industry Cloud Participation Models: The Customer Perspective
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are industry clouds, and what impact are they having on industry and platform transformation?
- What operational models for industry cloud are succeeding?
- What cloud service providers dominate which verticals?
- How are industry cloud platforms helping organizations adapt to uncertainty and crises?
- Where are industry clouds being created, who's involved, and which markets have tipped?
- How do customers view and benefit from industry-specific technologies?
- What are the benefits and challenges for participants and customers of industry clouds?
- How will industry clouds aid the scale of innovation accelerators such as IoT, blockchain, and artificial intelligence/machine learning?
- Which technology vendors and professional services firms are leading the industry cloud market?
- What is the strategic importance and market opportunity for industry clouds?
Accenture plc, Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc., Atos S.A., Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell EMC, Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Genpact Ltd., Google LLC, HCL Technologies Limited, IBM, Infor, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT DATA Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited