IDC's Worldwide Tablet ODM QView provides a comprehensive analysis of tablet ODMs and the supply chain as it rapidly shifts toward new players in places like China. The service provides not only detailed quarterly shipment data but also tablet industry dynamic updates, as well as insight into which ODMs manufacture for each branded vendor, among other splits.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas.
- Operating system
- Screen size/aspect ratio
- Display technology
- View angle
- Front camera/rear camera
- Worldwide major OEM/ODM relationship
- Industry update presentation slides
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this tracker. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Historical qualitative report
- Forecasts in a rolling five- to eight-quarter window
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports