IDC's 3D Printing service examines the explosive market opportunity around 3D printing. This program uniquely combines IDC's print and vertical market expertise for a complete quantitative and qualitative commentary of this fast-changing market. Key foundational research includes market sizing and forecasts, end-user survey analysis, identifying vendors who are "Ones to Watch," a series of IDC DecisionScape documents, and an ongoing assessment of the impact of 3D printers in core vertical markets such as manufacturing, healthcare, and education. This comprehensive view of the 3D printer market opportunity provides clients with the essential strategic and tactical insight required to achieve success in this quickly developing market.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- 3D printing market sizing and forecast
- 3D printing hardware, materials, and services providers
- End-user requirements for 3D printing solutions
- Competitive landscape and assessment for vendors, channels, and services
- Worldwide/U.S. 3D Printer Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide/U.S. 3D Printer Market Shares
- 3D Printer Materials Assessment
- 3D Printer End-User Research
- 3D Printing and Vertical Opportunities
- A Series of DecisionScapes on the Overall Market Landscape
- The Role of 3D Printer Services and Service Bureaus
- "Ones to Watch" Vendor Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading 3D printer suppliers?
- How big is the opportunity for 3D printer hardware, and what do growth prospects look like for the forecast period? Which product categories are demonstrating the best growth opportunities and how buyers make their acquisition decisions?
- What does the aftermarket opportunity of materials and services look like for 3D printers, and what are the investments being made in this annuity?
- Which markets and regions are adopting 3D printing? How are these devices being used in manufacturing, healthcare, and education markets?
- What are the latest challenges faced by the 3D printer market? What has to happen for more mainstream market adoption to occur?
3D Systems, Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Airwolf 3D, Arcam AB, Asiga, Autodesk, Inc., Beijing Tiertime Technology Co. Ltd., Canon Inc., EOS Gmbh, EnvisionTEC Inc., ExOne GmbH, HP Inc., Ingram Micro Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., MakerBot Industries, LLC, Mcor Technologies Ltd., Microboards Technology LLC, OBJET LTD., Ricoh Company, Ltd., SLM Solutions Group AG, SYNNEX Corp., Shapeways, Inc., Solidoodle, Solidscape Inc., Staples, Inc., Stratasys Ltd., Tech Data Corporation, XYZprinting, Inc., Xerox Corporation, Zortrax SA, voxeljet AG