Data Integration and Intelligence Software enables the access, blending, movement, and integrity of data among multiple structured and semistructured data sources in hybrid and multicloud environments. The purpose of data integration is to ensure the consistency of information where there is a logical overlap of the information contents of two or more discrete systems. The purpose of data intelligence is to help organizations get answers to the five Ws of data: who, what, when, where, and why, plus how to inform data workers with the knowledge required to be more effective and efficient in data activities and inform organizational processes of data enablement through governance. Technologies include, but are not limited to, data connectivity; extract, load, and transform (ELT); change data capture (CDC); format and semantic mediation; data federation and virtualization; data quality and profiling; master data management; metadata management; and self-service data preparation and integration technologies. This service also provides intelligence in data exchange markets, including business-to-business integration middleware and managed file transfer.
Data Integration and Intelligence Software
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Bulk data movement software
- Dynamic data movement software
- Data quality software (data profiling, cleansing, and deduplication for any data and domain-aware regularization data for such domains as customers, addresses, and products)
- Data access infrastructure software (connectors and adapters that provide access to data within repositories)
- Composite data framework software (intermediate software buffering applications from data sources supporting federated and virtual databases)
- Master data intelligence software (software that defines and controls data used for master data management solutions)
- Metadata management software (provides the functionality to catalog and discover data and define schema, lineage, relationships, and business terms of structured and semistructured data)
- Self-service data preparation software (business user-friendly interfaces for data discovery, merging, cleansing, standardization, and preparation for analysis)
- A view of the market through the lens of data intelligence: Software that supports data governance, data quality management, and self-service
- Data exchange software used for managing the transfer of files and transactions across organizations and/or with partners in business-to-business interactions
- Worldwide DII Software Market Forecast and Vendor Shares
- End-User Best Practices
- Survey Results
- Emerging Technologies
- Vendor Profiles
- Case Studies
- Future Predictions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What comprises the data integration and integrity software market?
- What is the size and forecast growth rate of the DII software market?
- What are the emerging trends in the DII software market?
- Which are the major vendors and emerging players in the DII software market?
- What are the key and user pain points and challenges when it comes to DII solution implementation?
Alation Inc., Alteryx, Inc., Attunity Inc., Axway Software S.A., Collibra NV, Denodo Technologies, Inc., Experian plc, GlobalSCAPE, Inc., IBM, Infogix Inc., Informatica Corporation, Ipswitch, Inc., Liaison Technologies Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Paxata, Inc., Qlik Technologies Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Syncsort Incorporated, TIBCO Software Inc., Talend Inc., Trifacta, Inc.