Digital transformation (DX) is at the center of modern organizational strategies. IDC estimates the economic value of DX to almost $19 trillion, or more than 20% of global GDP. This program looks at how companies are transforming decision making with technology with speed, scale, and agility, creating sustainable performance excellence in the digital economy.
IDC's Industry-leading DX Taxonomy provides structured guidance for 18 distinct industry and government verticals that are creating and enabling digital transformation success capabilities in the digital economy through a four-tiered model. These industries are supported across 18 digital missions, almost 80 strategic priorities, over 200 programs, and in excess of 700 business outcome-oriented specific use cases (business and IT-enabled digital projects), plus another 170 back-office and administrative operations use cases covering 8 functional areas.
Worldwide Digital Transformation Strategies program benchmarks the maturity of enterprise transformation efforts, identifies organizational impact, provides guidance on building new capabilities, and prioritizes investment options. This program is also fully supported and aligned by IDC Digital Transformation Strategies Spending Guide that enables quantitative analysis of investment by industry, technology, and use case taxonomy framework.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Overall maturity of digital transformation in the industry
- Approaches that deliver new levels of relationship mastery
- Capabilities that enable operating model transformation
- Strategies for monetizing information
- Architectural constructs that will define spending
- The impact of 3rd Platform technologies and associated accelerators
- How to move from being digitally distraught to being digitally determined through digital strategies
- How to build a long-term digital road map through use cases
- The requirement that demonstrates the inherent value that digital has on the business
- The growing mandate for a platform to scale digital initiatives
- IDC MaturityScape: Digital Transformation
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: Worldwide Digital Transformation
- Leveraging Business Ecosystems for Digital Transformation
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Digital Transformation Predictions
- IDC PeerScape: Worldwide Digital Transformation
- IDC PlanScape: Operations Mastery in the Digital Economy — The New Rules for Productivity Growth
- IDC PlanScape: Relationship Mastery in the Digital Economy — The New Rules for Revenue Growth
- IDC PlanScape: Information Mastery in the Digital Economy — Finding ROI; Return on Information
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- The Future Enterprise: How are digitally determined organizations achieving digital at scale?
- What differentiates the digitally determined, successful DX organizations from the digitally distraught?
- What are the key capability dimensions of digital transformation?
- What constitutes superior maturity relative to peers?
- What and how are investments in DX being made and what are the expected returns?