IDC's Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model is a semiannual pivot table–style data product that provides a datacenter (DC) consumption and spending model across a number of datacenter types and technologies. The product will cover worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets, with follow-on companion regional products.
Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model
This product covers the following segments of the worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets:
- Datacenter ownership: Service provider and enterprise
- Datacenter size: Local/micro datacenters, midtier DC, high-end DC, and mega DC
- Construction approach (modular versus bespoke)
- Annualized spend: DC infrastructure, facilities, and staff
- Average usable power capacity in new datacenter builds by type
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Changes in usable DC square footage
- Changes in server and storage density
- Changes in power requirements for new datacenter construction
- Pace of shift from internal to service provider DCs
- Growing importance of IT deployment in edge locations
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Content is delivered via IDC.com as a pivot table attachment. Coverage includes semiannual forecast data:
March 2020/October 2020
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which datacenter types are growing the fastest?
- What impact are new use cases such as AI and edge IT having on enterprise and service provider datacenter capacity and IT density?
- What is the annualized spend on datacenters across infrastructure, facilities, and support?
- What impact are next-gen technologies such as flash, convergence, and SDX having on datacenters?
- What power requirements are needed in new construction?