IDC's Intelligent Process Automation Software program looks at the group of software technologies that individually or collectively manage, automate, and integrate processes. In particular, research will focus on how the injection of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) will increasingly speed up, simplify, and improve the level of automation in tasks, decisions, and the overall process. As enterprises focus on refactoring existing processes to better align with digital transformation initiatives and on converting manual tasks to automated ones, they are demanding a new mix of capabilities from their software providers. IDC's intelligent process automation (IPA) research will help subscriber better understand the changing needs in process, task, and decision automation and what is required to align with those changes.
Intelligent Process Automation Software
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Process automation
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Use of AI/ML in process automation
- Decision automation
- Integration and API management software
- Event-driven middleware
- Competitive Analysis of Robotic Process Automation
- Intelligent Process Automation Maturity
- Integration and Orchestration Adoption Patterns
- Event-Driven Automation and Its Impact on Processes
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is AI injected into process automation to simplify processes and improve levels of automation?
- How will robotic process automation providers evolve to meet changing demands?
- What are the adoption trends in integration software, and how does this align with vendor's capabilities?
- How will API management software evolve?
- How do event-driven architectures and decision automation align with intelligent process automation?
- Why is process mining becoming more important in automation deisgn?
- How will RPA and process automation vendors compete and cooperate as the market evolves?
Alfresco Software, Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Appian Corp., Automation Anywhere, Inc., Bizagi Ltd., Blue Prism Group plc, Bonitasoft, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Celonis SE, Confluent, Inc., Dell Inc., EdgeVerve Systems Ltd., Fair Isaac Corporation, Google LLC, IBM, K2 Inc., Kofax Inc., Kryon Systems Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Nintex Group Pty. Ltd., OpenConnect Systems Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Pegasystems Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., SnapLogic Inc., Software AG, TIBCO Software Inc., UiPath Inc., WS02, WorkFusion, Inc., Workato, Inc., Zapier, Inc.