No product is an island anymore. In this connected environment, business ecosystems have started to play an increasingly important role in the manufacturing industry. Competition from within the industry and from nontraditional players outside the industry are ushering structural changes. Technologies like next-gen automation, AI, IoT, and blockchain play the role of a positive catalyst to accelerate the change. Manufacturers with a product-only focus are giving way to platforms with considerable service components. Players from within the industry and often outside are joining hands to coevolve into a platform economy with one or more specific capabilities for synergistics economic outcome. This could transform business processes like product innovation, new revenue stream and superior customer experience. Tomorrow’s manufacturers will embrace collaboration in a business that is fast evolving from being "product oriented" to "platform oriented." IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Manufacturing Business Ecosystems Strategies will give guidance and best practices on collaboration and automation in manufacturing business ecosystems.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Manufacturing Business Ecosystems Strategies
This advisory service develops unique analyses, recommendations, and thought leadership based on comprehensive data and insights through IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, manufacturing executives, and service providers that support companies developing and executing manufacturing business ecosystem strategies. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with our manufacturing line-of-business clients to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for manufacturing executives.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Existing drivers and future trends of manufacturing ecosystems and their impact on enterprises.
- Best practices of manufacturers engaging in business ecosystem strategies to generate additional revenue streams, increase transparency and efficiencies, and reduce costs or gain competitive advantage
- Maturity benchmark of business ecosystem strategies in the manufacturing industry
- Next-generation automation and intelligence of manufacturing ecosystem processes leveraging industrial technology, which is based on 3rd Platform technologies and the convergence of innovation accelerators (cognitive, IoT, and robotics)
- Collaboration in manufacturing ecosystem across industry leveraging industry collaborative clouds and IoT
- Providers and innovators showcasing ecosystems success and rules of excellence
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How do manufacturers today collaborate in business ecosystems, and how will they do this in the future and to what benefits?
- What are the key characteristics, operating principles, and enablers for manufacturing ecosystems? What are the prominent business ecosystems for different manufacturing subsegments and their key drivers?
- What will be the role of industry collaborative clouds in manufacturer's business ecosystems?
- How will next-gen automation and intelligence evolve manufacturing ecosystem processes, and what will be the impact of IDC's innovation accelerators and 3rd Platform technologies on manufacturing ecosystems strategies (e.g., cognitive, robotics, and IoT)?
- What will be the impact of manufacturing ecosystem strategies on supply-side and demand-side manufacturing specific processes?
- How do systems integrators support manufacturers in executing their business ecosystem strategies?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Manufacturing Business Ecosystems Strategies is ideally suited to support the needs of:
- Manufacturing companies that are interested in the best practices of peers and would like to understand the capabilities of automation providers, IT vendors, and C&SI providers to help them execute business ecosystem strategies
- Industrial automation providers that want to align with changing business and operating models of manufactures and that want to understand the IT side of the market and the IT vendor landscape for areas of partnering
- Technology providers (including platforms and connectivity) that deliver the foundation for collaboration in business ecosystem
- IT software and services providers that want to develop a road map for a solution portfolio for manufacturing business ecosystem strategies