IDC's Robotics: Consumer Robotics will forecast and count consumer shipments of consumer robotics products. The service will drive a greater understanding of the hardware, software, and services opportunities around this new technology category. Customers will benefit from a holistic view of the market, including historical market share data and a forecast of future shipments. The service will examine market trends and key challenges and opportunities, as well as consumer attitudes about consumer robotics features and usage models.
Robotics: Consumer Robots
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- U.S. and worldwide historical and forecast shipments
- Early movers in the consumer robotics hardware, software, and services spaces
- Key market trends, including the impact of AR/VR and drones on the consumer robotics market
- U.S. consumer survey data on brands, features, pricing, and usage models
- Consumer Robotics: Consumer Interest Survey
- Consumer Robotics: Worldwide 2018–2022 Forecast
- Consumer Robotics Vendor Profile
- Consumer Robotics: 1H18 Market Share
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How big is the market opportunity for consumer robotics, and will cosumers own multiple single-purpose robots or a single general-purpose robot?
- What are the key jobs to be done for consumer robotics?
- Are consumers interested in robots as a service (RaaS), and at what price points would such a service become viable?
- Who are they key OEM, ODM, and component players in the consumer robotics market, and will leaders in the AR/VR and/or drones space be important vendors in the consumer robotics space?
- Will there be a dominant software platform in consumer robotics, and if so, will it support a developer ecosystem?