IDC's Australia and New Zealand Data and Information Transformation research is focused on the areas of big data — which is a new generation of software and architectures designed to economically extract value from very large volumes of a wide variety of data by enabling high-velocity capture, discovery, and/or analysis — cognitive/artificial intelligence (AI), and business analytics (BA). Cognitive/AI includes technologies that provide a platform for the development of analytic and cognitive applications using artificial intelligence. BA includes data warehousing, analytics applications, business intelligence, and advanced analytics.
Australia and New Zealand Data and Information Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Big data and analytics maturity across countries and industries
- Software: Data organization and management analytics, discovery and decision support, and automation software
- Infrastructure: External storage, servers, and networking
- Services: Business consulting, BPO, IT project–based services, IT outsourcing, IT support, and training services
- Cognitive/artificial intelligence computing technologies and platforms, including expert assistance software
- Big data + technology: Cloud, mobile, and social industries (e.g., telecom, banking, and retail)
- The Expanding Perimeter of AI into Enterprise Applications
- Cognitive/AI Opportunities in the Service Market
- Australia and New Zealand — Data-as-a-Service Providers
- Big Data and Analytics Software
- Capabilities of High Demand for Current and Future AI Deployments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key areas of growth by country, industry, and functional markets for big data, BA, and cognitive/AI? What are the market shares and competitive positioning of the leading vendors?
- What are IT buyers' priorities, challenges, and spending plans for big data/BA/cognitive/AI in APEJ, and how can vendors address them?
- How is the big data/BA/cognitive/AI competitive space evolving, and what are the key recommendations for vendors?
- How can end users leverage big data/cognitive/AI? Which are the key buyer use cases in APEJ? Which are the top solutions?
- How are the new delivery and consumption models like cloud (BDaaS, machine learning as a service), mobile, and appliances impacting the overall market?
Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Commvault Systems, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hortonworks, Inc., IBM, Informatica Corporation, Micro Focus International plc, MicroStrategy Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Qlik Technologies Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Splunk Inc., TIBCO Software Inc., Tableau Software, Inc., Teradata Corporation, Yellowfin International Pty Ltd