CloudShare: Worldwide Emerging Cloud ISV Repository is IDC's extensive cloud vendor database, including key facts about 3,500 worldwide cloud vendors, providing "long tail" guidance on the software-as-a-service (SaaS)/platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market. CloudShare goes beyond the lists of vendors found in IDC market share documents or IDC's Trackers. CloudShare is a comprehensive targeting/prospecting list for companies that offer SaaS enablement services and for IT vendors looking for M&A, partnering opportunities, or a better understanding of key providers. Infrastructure and platform companies use CloudShare to identify and attract ISVs to move, run, and expand on their platform. Hosting companies can find ISVs in need of colocation services. Systems integrators and professional services firms can discover ISVs in need of implementation, migration, and integration services. Also, components suppliers can use CloudShare to identify ISVs in need of technologies such as storage, OS, app server, and orchestration. CloudShare tracks over 95% of the cloud software market (by revenue), providing information on each ISV including:
- Total corporate revenue
- Software revenue
- SaaS and PaaS revenue
- Software market focus and key industries served
- Percentage of revenue from as-a-service versus traditional licensing
- Velocity of change from license to subscription model
This product covers the following segments of the cloud software market:
- Cloud computing, SaaS, and PaaS
- Enterprise business and engineering applications, security, storage, system and network management, and system software
- Integration and process automation, structured data management, application server middleware; data access, analysis, and delivery; and quality and life-cycle tools and application development software
Throughout the year, this product addresses the following topics:
- CloudShare: Emerging Cloud ISV Database Readout
- Top 100 Fastest SaaSifying Cloud ISVs
- SaaSification: Regional, Country, and Industry Analysis
- SaaSification Leadership: Case Study
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which are the top cloud software providers? By region, industry, or secondary market?
- How many of the top cloud software vendors are pure-plays, and what percentage of their total software revenue is delivered as a service?
- What percent of a vendor's software revenue comes from "aaS" versus traditional software, and how quickly YoY is it making the shift toward “aaS” revenue growth?
- Which are the approximately 2,000 vendors that IDC identifies as having less than $2 million in "aaS" revenue? How fast is "aaS" revenue for each ISV growing versus their traditional revenue growth?
- How can I discover attractive ISVs for M&A targeting or for potential partnering opportunities?