Digital transformation is putting a strong spotlight on how organizations think of leadership and talent. For more than a decade, when talking technology, the focus has been on how to fill the demand for certain IT skills in Europe. But in the digital era, the issue of having the right skills and capabilities available in the organization has become more far reaching – and much more crucial. IDC’s European Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Transformation service helps organizations understand the impact of digital transformation on leadership and IT skills as well as on other jobs, how stakeholders (e.g. employers, governments and academia) are addressing their skills needs internally and through partnerships and the importance of certifications and skills frameworks to develop the talent needed for the future.
European Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Talent and capabilities needed for successful digital transformation
- Forecast of demand for IT skills in Europe
- Forecast of spending on IT education and training in Europe
- Assess the importance of certification
- Development of skills partnerships across Europe
- Impact of upskill/reskill programs in the light of technology change
- The emergence of skills hubs in Europe
- Top 10 Technology Roles in Demand in Europe, 2020
- Strategies for Addressing the Technology Skills Gap in Europe
- The Automation Era: Upskilling and Reskilling Your Tech Talent
- Demand for IT Skills in Europe, 2019-2024
- European IT Training and Education Market Forecast, 2019-2024
- Which Industries are Winning the Skills War in Europe?
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is expected from successful leadership in the digital transformation era?
- Are there any clear hubs of skills emerging due to collaboration between vendors, academia and other stakeholders?
- What are the best practices for developing the right talent for digital transformation?
- How important is certification and will this change as new IT professional skills framework develop?
- What is the demand for IT skills in Europe and how will it grow over the next five years?