Digital transformation is impacting all aspects of transportation and mobility, from street and highway infrastructure to new types of transportation such as autonomous cars and ride-hailing services. Meanwhile, national, regional, and local governments are struggling with increased traffic fatalities and congestion, poor air quality, escalating privacy and cybersecurity threats, social equity disparities, and community demands for better services. As a result, Smart City and smart government leaders are looking to invest in and develop solutions with private sector partners and use emerging technologies such as Big Data and analytics, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, and mobile technologies that provide innovative transportation solutions. IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Mobility and Transportation Strategies research analyzes the role of ICT in transportation and mobility across technologies, modes, and geography, identifying emerging solutions and developing concepts including best practice case studies and objective third-party assessments of smart transportation solution providers.
IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Mobility and Transportation Strategies
The IDC Government Insights: Worldwide Mobility and Transportation Strategies research advisory service analyzes the latest technological developments in transportation and mobility. The research covers all modes of transportation globally from various perspectives including infrastructure, operations, funding, system management, strategy, procurement, and regulations.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation and innovation in mobility and transportation across transportation infrastructure and transportation operations and across transport modes
- The use, and impact, of emerging technologies in transport — cloud, Big Data and analytics, the Internet of Things, mobile apps, and blockchain — as well as disruptive service models such as the sharing economy and crowdsourced service
- Vendor capabilities and offerings in transportation including leading innovators and operational technology providers worldwide
- Successful or emerging examples of innovative mobility solutions in cities or countries globally, including identification of best practices and critical success factors
- Policy and regulatory issues and needs to foster safety, quality-of-life concerns, innovation, or piloting of transport innovation
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the top technology trends and emerging solutions that are transforming mobility and transportation, especially in population-dense areas?
- How are transportation innovations or technology implementations being funded by governments or private developers? What are emerging business models?
- Who are the leading innovators or solutions providers in intelligent transportation?
- What actions by cities, governments, and regulators are required for continued development or implementation of transportation innovations?
- What are the challenges and critical success factors for specific mobility innovations under way or contemplated?
Who Should Subscribe
Those seeking specific information and thought leadership on trends and innovations in mobility and transportation (These could include federal/national and local departments of transportation, governmental strategy offices, and vendors and suppliers developing solutions and services for smart mobility, intelligent transportation, and Smart Cities.)