IDC's Print Consumables service examines the valuable aftermarket opportunity gained from toner and ink cartridges used in the operation of printers and MFPs. Since the revenue for print consumables is exponentially larger than the value of print hardware sales, it is critical to understand its nuances and potential. This research will include market sizing and forecast data as well as survey analysis to help gauge market demand. The program will also profile several of the leading third-party toner and ink cartridge providers so that clients will have an understanding of key competitive threats. This research, in conjunction with IDC's other imaging, printing, and document solutions research, provides a comprehensive, integrated perspective of the total print market opportunity.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Print consumables market sizing and forecast, inclusive of projections for printer/MFP installed base, average monthly print volumes, and toner/ink cartridge yield data
- Survey-based analysis of toner/ink usage
- Profiles of several key third-party providers with insights into brands and devices supported, targeted customers, go-to-market strategy, and so forth
- U.S. Print Consumables Forecast
- Print Consumables Survey
- Third-Party Vendor Profiles
- Ongoing Market Coverage of the Print Consumables Market
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current market size and expected five-year forecast for ink and toner cartridges in the United States?
- Who are the emerging third-party suppliers for ink and toner cartridges?
- What are the key end-user requirements for ink and toner cartridges?
- What are the future printer and MFP installed base trends over the next five years?
- How will the average monthly print volume for printers and MFPs evolve over the next five years?
Amazon.com Inc., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Cartridge World, Castle Ink, Clover Network, Inc., HP Inc., Image Craft Ltd., InkCycle Inc., InkWorld, KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., LMI Solutions, Legacy Imaging, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., Oki Data Corporation, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Riso Kagaku Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Staples, Inc., Supplies Network Inc., SuppliesOutlet.com, Toner World, Toshiba Corporation, Turbon AG, Xerox Corporation