Energy and digital technologies are radically transforming utilities asset operations and strategies. Renewables and decentralized power generation, energy delivery networks (electricity, gas, and heat), and water and waste water management benefit from the developments and adoption of IoT, AI, and digital twins. IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Connected Asset Strategies service focuses on all these. It provides guidance to end users in terms of digital transformation (DX) use cases road map, analysis of emerging IT trends, and evaluation of technology providers in this space. It looks into the future of work in the utilities value chain context. At the same time, it provides technology vendors a view on utilities' operational excellence asset strategies addressing their go to market.
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Connected Asset Strategies
This service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, utility management, ICT vendors, and service providers. With decades of experience in the utility industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. Research documents elucidate business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment, along with short perspectives on topical issues. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research documents.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Key industry and technologies trends facing utilities in relations to asset strategies and operation
- Digital transformation uses cases related to asset strategies and operation, including workforce transformation use cases
- How asset operations evolve, improve performance, and reduce costs by leveraging innovative technologies and approaches such as analytics, integrated information platform, IDC accelerators, and well asset, life-cycle-aligned processes and workflows
- Opportunities and challenges associated with IT and operational technology choices within utilities asset-centric operations
- IT and operational technologies integration and governance
- Best practices and case studies related to asset operation excellence
- IDC MarketScape evaluating technologies and providers servicing global utility asset operations
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key market and technologies trends facing utilities in relation to asset strategies and operations?
- How are utilities responding to the opportunities and challenges associated with IT and operational technology choices within their asset-centric operations?
- What technologies are key to the future of utilities business, with specific focus on assets life cycle across the different segments of the value chain, from generation to distribution?
- How do utilities quickly adapt to change, improve performance, and reduce costs by leveraging innovative technologies and approaches such as analytics, integrated information platform, IDC accelerators, and well asset, life-cycle-aligned processes and workflows?
- How do emerging technologies such as big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to utilities asset-centric businesses?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Connected Asset Strategies service targets IT and business managers in utilities and vendors interested in reaping the potential of cutting-edge technology affecting the energy landscape across all value-chain segments. Senior executives will find value in the service's unique insights addressing the interaction of physical assets with innovation in the domain of IT.