Companies need to create new digital platforms that allow them to collect, analyze, and share an ever-expanding range of data sets from internal systems, customers, and things. The vision for every digital platform is underpinned by modern app dev and deploy strategies designed to sustain the competitive requirements of the 2020s. The result is a paradigm shift in app delivery; this means a change in what apps are, and how they are built, deployed, and updated. The modern application architecture has APIs, microservices, and containers as foundational technology components. As a result, European organizations are embracing cloud-native, DevOps and agile delivery. This service identifies investment opportunities and challenges in Europe resulting from this transition. Analyzing the future of cloud platform lifecycle services, the transition to enterprise-scale DevOps and cloud-native architectures. This service provides the basis for fact-based decisions for investments, resource allocation and go-to-market strategies, as well as for understanding the competitive landscape, evolving ecosystems and how to partner and differentiate. The service is targeted at executives of IT vendors across the IT stack from cloud platform, tools and middleware vendors to consultancies, systems integrators and managed services providers.
European DevOps, Developers and Cloud Platform Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise readiness for modern app delivery
- User attitudes towards cloud platforms and how to win the heart of the developer
- Investment and competitive positioning of cloud platform vendors
- DevOps enterprise maturity and strategies towards enterprise scale DevOps (e.g. multi-cloud, automation, AI/Analytics, continuous delivery)
- End-user strategies, investment priorities and KPIs to enable cloud-native, DevOps and agile solution delivery – surveys and case studies
- Vendor approaches and offerings including cloud platforms, DevOps tool chains and related services
- Market size, forecast and vendor market shares for cloud platforms
- Market size and forecast for DevOps software and services spending
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Developers & DevOps 2020 Predictions - Western Europe Implications
- Buyer Priorities DevOps, Developer and Cloud Platform Strategies
- European DevOps Software tools and Services Forecast 2019-2024
- European Public Cloud Platform Forecast, 2019-2024
- European Public Cloud Platform Vendor Market Shares, 2019
- MAP: European Cloud Platform Services
- Europe DevOps Software tools Market Shares, 2019
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How ready are European organizations for modern app delivery and how does this impact enterprise IT organizational structures, culture, processes, tools and skill sets?
- How mature are European organizations in terms of DevOps enablement and what investments are required to accelerate enterprise scale DevOps?
- What are user attitudes towards cloud platforms and how can platform vendors win mind and market share?
- What is the impact of cloud native, DevOps and agile delivery on enterprise IT spending? Which vendors are positioned to play a leading role in transformation strategies?
- What strategies should vendors adopt and what partnerships should they be forming to help enterprise IT departments and the LOB transform to deliver superior business agility?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., CloudBees, Inc., Google Inc., IBM, JFrog Ltd., Mendix Inc., Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, OutSystems S.A., Pivotal Software, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, Salesforce.com, Inc., XebiaLabs Inc.