IDC's Customer Intelligence and Analytics service will guide vendors by defining the customer intelligence (CI) market, identifying end-user buyer business and technology needs and how vendors can influence the shift in customer engagement strategies. It will guide brands and end-user buyers by identifying the key technology, data, and services that are necessary to successfully implement a CI program that results in a better customer experience and a better business bottom line.
Coverage will include market trends around the technology, data, business processes, and business models impacted as understanding, analysis, and use of customer data become a more integral component of customer engagement. This service will also develop strategies, models, approaches, and best practices for firms to improve upon the utilization and analysis of customer data using artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced analytics to provide a differentiated customer experience.
An emphasis will be placed on the role of analytics, AI, data management tools, visualization, privacy, and trust.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Artificial intelligence
- Data science
- CDP and DMP
- Dashboards and visualization
- Data management and enhancement
- Market definition and identification
- Business process and organizational changes
- Customer and consumer concerns
- Customer Intelligence Market Glance
- Market Analysis Perspective: Customer Intelligence
- Worldwide Customer Intelligence and Analytics Applications Software Forecast
- IDC MarketScape for Customer Intelligence
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is customer intelligence, and why does it matter for companies wanting to improve their customer experience?
- How do new and emerging customer intelligence technologies impact what the customer experiences and improve the bottom line?
- What is customer data and a complete view of the customer, and what does collecting it and storing it mean/require for a brand?
- How do new and emerging customer intelligence technologies provide a better understanding of the customer and impact what the customer experiences?
- What are the business and revenue outcomes that companies want from a customer intelligence effort?