AI Software and DeveloperView 2020: Standard provides an overview of AI software and development plans, tools, adoption, and trends among developers and IT buyers. This product looks at the current and future AI investments and adoption rates, frameworks, software platforms and tools use, buying patterns, and development plans and economics of developers as well as investments in commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) AI software. This product is focused on better understanding what drives software investment behavior and influence for the use of AI on a worldwide basis. AI Software and DeveloperView 2020: Standard delivers primary research via an annual survey, that addresses key issues in the purchase, adoption, use, and influences related to AI software, systems, platforms, and related components.
AI Software and DeveloperView 2020: Standard
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- AI software and software development — key constituencies interviewed: data analytics teams, developers, IT applications teams, data engineers, data scientists, data architects, business analysts, system engineers, DevOps teams
- Overall adoption — by type (hardware, software/software platforms, services), spend, project/use cases
- Drivers/inhibitors for COTS and self-built AI application development
- Impact on overall hardware and software decisions (open source versus commercial)
- Operationalization of models/algorithms, including pre-build algorithms
- Deployment location — on-premises, edge, public cloud
- Development life-cycle synergies
- Use cases/workloads
- Vendor perceptions
- Embedded versus product sales
- Solution selling
- Cloud models versus discrete products
- Inference versus training
- Implications for data and data management
- Professional services
- Staffing — trade-offs, dependencies (e.g., data integration), time spent on tasks
- Executive Summary: This summary provides in-depth analysis of the survey results, which include strategic messages, key highlights, implications, and essential guidance for AI software and developers.
- Survey Findings: This presentation provides a summary of results in the form of charts and figures for each survey question for easy viewing (worldwide only).
- Banner Books: These banner books provide data results of this study across different segment views (e.g., firm size, geography, and industry) (worldwide only).
- Webinar: IDC will provide a webinar as an interactive session to review and discuss the results of this study.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are developers thinking, planning, and investing with regard to AI technologies?
- What are the major drivers of and inhibitors for AI development for developers?
- Which financial metrics will matter in AI and how will AI economics evolve?
- How will AI intersect with other technologies?
- How will AI business metrics evolve?
Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Dell Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., TIBCO Software Inc., Tencent Holdings Limited, Teradata Corporation