IDC's Cloud Pulse 2020: Gold provides an overview of cloud adoption and cloud trends among IT buyers. IDC's Cloud Pulse 2020: Gold looks at IT customers' current and future cloud investments and adoption rates, multicloud and hybrid cloud behaviors, cloud workloads, and cloud economics. Delivered quarterly, this product is focused on better understanding what drives customer behavior for cloud on a worldwide basis across different buyer personas.
Cloud Pulse 2020: Gold
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Public, private, multicloud, and hybrid cloud adoption and trade-offs
- Spending and Investments by cloud type
- Cloud drivers and inhibitors for public and private clouds
- Cloud workloads and use cases
- Product bundling
- Customer playbooks and journey to cloud
- Cloud tension and early warning signals
- Cloud economics, churn, and customer lifetime value
- Cloud intersection relative to other IDC accelerators for multiplied innovation
- Top vendor loyalty scores and emerging vendors
- IT staff skills and reskilling
- Choice of Any Two Quarterly Survey Findings, Banner Books, and Summary Report from Platinum Package
- Annual Summary Report
- Annual Summary Webinar
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are customers thinking, planning, and investing in public and private cloud technologies? What trade-offs do they make? Are private and public clouds competitive or complementary?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors for cloud adoption based on different buyer personas?
- Which financial metrics will matter in cloud, and how will cloud economics evolve?
- How will cloud intersect with other disruptive technologies?
- How will cloud economics and business metrics evolve with the mainstream buyer?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., Baidu, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Rackspace Inc., Red Hat, Inc., SAP SE, Tencent Holdings Limited, VMware, Inc.