PaaSView 2020: Developers: Standard delivers access to deep insights into developer behavior, preferences, skills, and tools and services being used. The study also highlights related technology areas including PaaS preferred, PaaS in use today and in the future, emerging technology preferences, and DevOps approaches and practices in use today. This product starts with a comprehensive web-based survey that captures enterprise developer activity and preference data by company size, industry and job role covering PaaS and DevOps capabilities, languages in use, development activities in process, deployment models, style and location, application packaging, and configuration techniques.
PaaSView 2020: Developers: Standard
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Developer autonomy and decision making
- Development languages and frameworks
- Deployment practices
- Developer responsibilities
- Emerging technologies
- Cloud computing and application development
- Multicloud and cloud migration
- Microservices, containers, container orchestration frameworks, and functions as a service
- Software development methodologies
- Developer experience and perceptions
- Developer tools vendors
- Executive Summary
- Executive Summary Webcast (One Webcast for all Standard Subscribers)
- Survey Findings Presentation – Worldwide-Level Only
- Survey Results Banner Book – Worldwide-Level Only
- Developer Census and Developer Forecast (Full-Time Professional Developers Only)
- Developer Census and Developer Forecast with Additional Granularity Including Language Use, Industry, Role, Organization Type, Frameworks Used, Services Used, and DevOps Practices in Use
Key Questions Answered
- What is the makeup of the developer population by industry, languages, and development and deployment preferences?
- What are the emerging technologies being used by developers today, and what are their plans for further adoption in the future?
- What activities do developers want to do more – and less – in the future?
- What tools and vendor preferences do developers have today?
- What are the preferred application packaging, deployment scenarios, and cloud or PaaS layers of choice?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., Cloud Foundry Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Pivotal Software, Inc., Progress Software Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, Tencent Holdings Limited, VMware, Inc.