This IDC study provides a 10-year forecast (includes historical and outlook) of the worldwide used IT infrastructure market and its expansion and growth by 2023. This study provides a market forecast, which will impact OEM vendors, resellers, and businesses. Understanding asset life cycles and the demand for used equipment is important for all IT infrastructure vendors, bank financing partners, and IT asset disposal (ITAD) vendors. Refurbished and used IT equipment continue to provide cost-effective alternatives to businesses that are looking to reduce costs and build out an existing infrastructure.
Hardware Resale and IT Asset Disposition Market Model
This product covers the following segments of the used IT equipment market:
- Servers (x86 and non-x86)
- Storage (entry, midrange, and large)
- Networking equipment (routers and switches)
- Worldwide and regional forecasts available
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Understanding IT asset life cycles
- Demand for used IT equipment
- How demand for used market equipment impacts demand cycles
- Impact renewed interest in circular economy and sustainability will drive used market demand
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How big is the IT hardware resale space today? What is the growth forecast?
- Within an organization, who leads the acquisition efforts for used IT gear?
- What are the key drivers for customers to buy used/refurbished equipment?
- What is the use case for used IT equipment (understand customer rational for the acquisition of older equipment)?
- What are customers' requirements when evaluating used IT equipment (warranty, brand, age, and IT team familiarity)?
- What are the critical capabilities required during this process? How do customers evaluate ITAD providers?
- Will increasing interest in sustainability and circular economy impact ITAD growth?