New software technologies and infrastructures are fueling the transformation of the communications industry. IDC's Communications Service Provider Operations and Monetization service examines communications service provider (SP) investments in software-driven IT and network systems to support business-critical operations and strategic activities of the communications SP and its customers. By leveraging interactions with communications SPs and other ecosystem players, this service analyzes the operations and monetization systems, platforms, and technologies most relevant to communications SPs. It provides the critical market sizing, forecasts, vendor profiles, growth drivers, and more.
Communications Service Provider Operations and Monetization
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Operations and monetization systems, including service fulfillment, assurance, billing, fraud management, and revenue assurance
- Orchestration, management, and monetization of virtualized networks
- Real-time charging and policy management
- Communications industry software and services ecosystems
- Communications industry purpose-built analytics and Big Data solutions
- Operational platforms for digital transformation (DX) and customer experience management (CXM)
- IT systems for network virtualization and monetization
- Cloud and IoT service enablement and billing
- Worldwide Operations and Monetization (OSS/BSS) Forecast
- Network Virtualization, NFV, and Market Development Insight
- NFV and SDN on Communications SP Operations and Monetization
- Workload Segmentation of Communications SP IT Infrastructure
- Communications SP Customer Experience and Digital Strategies
- Global Monetization Forecast and Analysis
- B2B, B2C, and B2B2X Partner Ecosystem Enablement
- Solution Delivery and Monetization as Cloud-Based Solutions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do communications SP teams serve the DX goals of business leaders, and how do they transform their operations to consistently provide superior service experiences and customer interactions?
- Will IT operations partnerships with communications SP business leaders change faster than network cooperation with communications SP business teams as the use of IT practices and technologies increase?
- Which operations and monetization specialists will survive industry consolidation? What is the role for smaller niche players?
- How are communications SPs embracing IT platforms for virtualized network infrastructure and other IT practices, and what are the key evaluation criteria?
- How can communications SPs make money with cloud and IoT, and what do they need to know to properly enable their organizations to deliver and support these new service types?
- How well are communications SPs capitalizing on network, customer, and operational intelligence solutions to improve the customer experience and enhance business operations?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Airhop Communications, Alepo Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Allot Ltd., Amdocs Limited, Anova Data, Inc., Araxxe, Aria Systems Inc., AsiaInfo, Inc., Atos S.A., BICS LLC, BearingPoint Holding BV, Brite:Bill, BroadSoft, Inc., Broadcom Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., CBOSS Inc., CENX Inc., CGI Group Inc., CSG Limited, Cardinality Ltd., Cerillion Technologies, Ltd., Ciena Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Comarch SA, Dell EMC, Digital Route, AB, EXFO Inc., Edge Intelligence Software, Inc., Empirix Inc., Enghouse Interactive Inc., Ericsson, Etiya Media Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., FTS Co. Ltd., Flash Networks, Gotransverse LLC, Guavus Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Incognito Software Inc, InfoVista S.A., Infogix Inc., Infosys Limited, Ingram Micro Inc., Intel Corporation, Jamcracker Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., LogiSense Corporation, Lognet Systems Inc., MATRIXX Software Inc., MDS Co. Ltd., MYCOM OSI Inc., Mavenir Systems, Inc., Metaswitch Networks Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Mirantis Inc., Mitel LLC, Mobileum Inc., NETSCOUT Systems, Inc., Netcracker Technology Corp., Netformx Inc., Neural Technologies Ltd., Neustar Inc., Nexign, JSC, Nokia Corporation, Openet Telecom, Openwave Mobility, Optiva Corp., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Progress Software Corporation, Qvantel Oy, Radware Ltd., Red Hat, Inc., Ribbon Communications Inc., SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., SIGOS GmbH, Salesforce.com, Inc., Sandvine Corporation, SevOne Inc., Sigma Systems Technology Inc, Spirent Communications plc, Sprint Corporation, Subex Ltd., Synchronoss Technologies Inc., Syniverse Holdings, Inc., T-Systems International GmbH, TEOCO Corp., Tango Telecom Ltd., Tata Communications Limited, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tecnotree Oyj, Telarix Inc., Telefonica S.A., Teradata Corporation, UBIqube, VIAVI Solutions Inc., VMware, Inc., Vasona Networks Inc., Veriflow Systems, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vindicia Inc., Vlocity Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, WeDo Technologies, Wipro Limited, XCellAir, ZIRA Ltd., ZTEsoft Technology Co. Ltd., ZhiLabs SL, Zuora, Inc., iconectiv, LLC