IDC's Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Servers product provides vendors and resellers with the intelligence and analysis necessary to create winning price and product positioning strategies. The product covers all products and components related to this emerging and evolving market from servers to storage to networking to software and support. Clients can access real-time pricing, promotions, and specifications through IDC's Pricing eValuator web site. Clients can also receive detailed analyses on current and future price trends and access to robust analysis tools.
Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Servers
This product covers the following segments of the converged computing market:
- Converged systems
- Hyperconverged systems
- Modular systems
- Engineered systems
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Impact of pricing on emerging distribution channels
- Declining reseller and vendor margins
- Opportunities in a maturing market
- Winners and losers in the protracted price war
- Multiple sources of components fueling a supplier price war
- Emerging pricing trends in corporate procurement
Internet access to data and analysis tools is provided via IDC's Pricing eValuator web site. The tools and services available to clients include the following:
- Price and specifications database includes list-, street-, and distributor-level pricing as well as specifications, historical pricing, and product availability information.
- Configure-to-order pricing database captures pricing for each feature of every configuration that a vendor presents on its configure-to-order web site. For example, a vendor might have more than 5,000 individual features that can be built into unique system configurations. This database reports any change to an individual feature, such as a charge for incremental memory, and its impact on the price of an overall configuration.
- Promotions database includes detailed information on current promotions and rebates. Full promotion descriptions, pricing, and valid offer dates are included.
- Product comparison builder tool matches clients' products with peer products from competitors and updates pricing and differences on a daily basis.
- Quick-response IDC updates detail price and promotion changes and new product announcements as they happen, emphasizing fast delivery of pricing data, so clients can react rapidly.
- Custom consulting is available for special projects.
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How do component costs affect overall system prices and vendor selling strategies?
- What are the defining issues and predictors of pricing over the next year?
- Which vendors initiate/dominate price leadership in the marketplace?
- How do technology changes affect the procurement decisions of major corporate buyers?