IDC's Application Life-Cycle and Cloud Services research examines the lifecycle of application services from application development (AD), testing, and deployment to ongoing management using newer hosted cloud, mobile, and DevOps services delivery models as well as artificial intelligence (AI), microservices, and containers to speed up application delivery. This service identifies the optimum market opportunities and sales strategies for different types of application service providers and their partners, as well as surfaces the success criteria for go-to-market and sustainable strategies. Also covered are the evolving business models and technology shifts to support modern application development, deployment, and management as well as iterative and fluid application delivery through continuous integration and continuous deployment (CICD).
Application Life-Cycle and Cloud Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Intelligent automation and AI in application delivery and management
- Application modernization and migration
- DevOps and CICD Services
- Agile application development and deployment services
- Application management services — packaged (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Infor, Adobe, etc) and custom built
- Hosted application management (HAM) — Public, Private, and Hybrid cloud models
- Testing service portfolios across traditional and cloud providers
- Value propositions of rapid application delivery services
- Application life cycle service trends
- Global spending for application management (AM), HAM, application development, and testing services
- The impact of cloud, mobility, AI, automation, microservices, containers and organizational models in the AD and AM services markets
- Emergence of online development models (PaaS) containers and microservices, and impacts on agile and DevOps services delivery as well as traditional ADM and AMS
- AI in Application Services
- Application development and management on the cloud (public, private, hybrid)
- Worldwide Custom Application Development Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide and U.S. Application Management Forecast and Analysis
- Top 10 Application Management Service Providers
- Worldwide Hosted AM Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Testing Services Forecast and Analysis
- Agile, DevOps, and Hybrid Application Services
- Mobile Enterprise Application Development and Testing Services
- IDC Survey: U.S. Application Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are disruptive forces like cloud, DevOps, open source, containers, microservices, and CICD changing application delivery, and how do enterprises transform application delivery and leverage AI to address enterprise portfolio transformation?
- How will service providers bridge traditional models with cloud extensions to harness the power of artificial intelligence and automation, while addressing the cost, scalability, and performance needs of the enterprise?
- How are customers seeking to evolve methods of contracting and engagement with application services providers?
- How is the application value chain of services changing as traditional models coexist with private or public cloud-based hosted models and more progressive application delivery models like DevOps and Agile?
Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Atos S.A., Avanade Inc., CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cigniti Technologies Limited, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Deloitte LLP, EPAM Systems Inc., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HCL, IBM, Infosys Limited, Leidos Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MindTree Limited, NTT DATA Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Quinnox, Inc., Rackspace Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, UST Global Inc., Unisys Corporation, Wipro Limited
Meet the Experts
Program Vice President, Outsourcing and Managed Cloud Services
Research Director, Application Development, Testing, and Management Services
Research Director, IDC Global Services Markets and Trends