Enterprise storage systems are playing an important role in the Japan IT infrastructure market. The new storage technologies such as flash storage have also changed market and supplier strategies. IDC's Japan Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker® provides in-depth analysis on supplier revenue, units, and terabyte shipments by vendor in the Japan enterprise storage systems market. All studies are designed to guide strategic and tactical planning, product management and development, and marketing strategies.
Japan Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments, capacity, and vendor revenue.
- External, internal, and ODM Direct
- Storage area network (SAN), network-attached storage (NAS), and direct-attached storage (DAS)
- Media type (external and internal): Flash and HDD
- Storage array type (external): All-flash array, hybrid flash array, and all-HDD array
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports