TECH SUPPLIER Aug 2018 - IDC Survey - Doc # US43669418
Key Insights from IDC's 2018 Worldwide Robotics Survey: Manufacturing Benefited and Wants More
This IDC Survey provides data-based insights to help both users and vendors better understand the adoption patterns of industrial robots, current and future use cases, investment trends, and how robotic applications can contribute to the achievement of business goals. The report is based on an analysis of data from IDC's 2018 Worldwide Robotics Survey, which covers China, Japan, Korea, the United States, Germany, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. A total of 477 organizations were surveyed from engineering- and technology-oriented value chains.
"To survive the escalating competition, manufacturing organizations worldwide are putting robotics as their top priority for technology investment, both for now and the next two to three years," said Dr. Jing Bing Zhang, research director for IDC Worldwide Robotics at IDC Manufacturing Insights. "Furthermore, we see a 25% increase in the number of organizations that selected robotics as their top technology investment priority for the next two to three years," adds Zhang.
This latest robotics report from IDC's 2018 Worldwide Robotics Survey revealed greater insights into:
- Business priorities and challenges
- Key drivers and market trends
- Current and fast-growing use cases
- Vendor ranking by end-user manufacturing organizations
- Most popular robot types used in manufacturing
- Key vendor attributes impacting robot procurement decisions
- Values and services expected from vendors
- Major benefits achieved from the deployment of robots
- Challenges encountered
- Demographics of organizations surveyed