TECH SUPPLIER Aug 2018 - IDC Survey - Doc # US43669518
Key Insights from IDC's 2018 China Robotics Survey: Adoption and Future Trends in Manufacturing
This IDC Survey report provides data-based insights that will help both users and vendors better understand the challenges manufacturing organizations are facing, how manufacturing organizations are investing to sustain business growth, and how robotic applications can contribute to the achievement of business goals. The report is based on an analysis of China-specific data from IDC's 2018 Worldwide Robotics Survey, which covers China, United States, Japan, Korea, Germany, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Philippines.
"Robotics continues to be ranked as the top priority for technology investment by the end-user manufacturing organizations surveyed," says Dr. Jing Bing Zhang, research director, Worldwide Robotics and Asia Pacific Manufacturing Insights, IDC Asia/Pacific. "The survey revealed a number of important faster-growing application areas over the next two years, commonly used robot types, and ranking of robot vendors by end users," adds Zhang.
This latest robotics report from IDC's 2018 Worldwide Robotics Survey (China-specific) revealed greater insights into:
- Business priorities and challenges
- Key drivers and market trends
- Current and fast-growing use cases
- Vendor ranking by end-user manufacturing organizations
- Most popular types of robots used in manufacturing
- Key vendor attributes impacting robot procurement decisions
- Values and services expected from vendors
- Major benefits achieved from the deployment of robots
- Challenges encountered
- Demographics of organizations surveyed