By using this site, you agree to the IDC Privacy Policy

TECH SUPPLIER Sep 2019 - Market Share - Doc # US44058519

Worldwide Data Replication and Protection Software Market Shares, 2018: Adding Replication to the Mix

By: Phil GoodwinResearch Director, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group, Andrew SmithResearch Manager, Cloud Infrastructure Services

Abstract

This IDC study examines the worldwide data replication and protection software market in calendar year 2018. The data replication and protection software market was $8.9 billion in 2018 with a 2.2% y/y growth rate. However, prior year comparisons are difficult given that data replication software was added to the taxonomy in 2018. Thus the 2.2% growth represents a combination of organic growth and the addition of the data replication software market. Even with the taxonomy change, the top 5 vendors remained the same as in 2017 though in a different order — Dell EMC, IBM, Veritas, Veeam, and Commvault. These top 5 vendors represent 58.2% of the total market. The remaining 41.8% of the market is taken by 35 named vendors and a category of unspecified "other" vendors.

"The data replication and protection market remains large and robust," said Phil Goodwin, research director, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group at IDC. "Even though we added data replication software to the 2018 taxonomy, a market segment that has seen significant declines in recent years, the combined market grew at 2.2%. It is reasonable to say that traditional backup and recovery software remains strong, and we expect market growth to continue."


Coverage

Content


Get More

When you purchase this document, the purchase price can be applied to the cost of an annual subscription, giving you access to more research for your investment.



Related Links

Do you have questions about this document
or available subscriptions?

Contact Us