TECH SUPPLIER Sep 2018 - Market Analysis Perspective - Doc # US44148818
Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Data Management Software, 2018 — RDBMS, NDBMS, DDMT, and DDGM Markets
This IDC Market Analysis Perspective (MAP) examines the worldwide data management software market. Enterprises are under pressure to transition to the cloud, but to do so in a cost-effective way. At the same time, concerns about data security, particularly with respect to privacy-related data, are motivating demand for better ways to protect that data. Streaming data, IoT data, and subscribed data are stressing the ability of data management systems to absorb data and make it available in a timely manner. At the same time, there is need for analytics performed on live data and management of data in a variety of formats in a single system.
This IDC Market Analysis Perspective provides a comprehensive view of the vendors and technologies and the users of such technologies, including the following markets:
- Dynamic data management systems (DDMSs) (including Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL technologies)
- Dynamic data grid managers (DDGMs)
- Nonrelational database management systems (NDBMSs) (including navigational, end-user, object-oriented, and mutivalue DBMSs)
- Relational database management systems (RDBMSs)
- Database development and management tools (including DBA tools, database optimization technologies, database development tools, and database security software)
Included are analyses of the current state of the market, including competitive analysis and forecasting. User requirements are also presented, including survey data regarding Hadoop and NoSQL adoption. This IDC MAP is a summary of the analysis and outlook of the subject markets as covered by IDC's Data Management Software CIS.
Teradata Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, CA Technologies, Inc., Dell Inc., Quest, Hortonworks, Inc., Google Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Apple Inc., IDERA, Inc., IBM, Amazon.com Inc., Software AG, Cloudera, Inc., InterSystems Corporation, Microsoft Corporation