TECH SUPPLIER Oct 2019 - Market Analysis Perspective - Doc # US44148919
Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Data Management Software, 2019 — RDBMS, NDBMS, DDMT, and DDGM Markets
This IDC Market Analysis Perspective (MAP) examines the worldwide data management software market. Data management is in a period of transition — moving to the cloud, adopting new architectures, and throwing away old assumptions. Hadoop is no longer what Hadoop was. DBMS vendors are taking advantage of new technologies like persistent memory. Increasingly database systems are becoming multimodal, capable of supporting a variety of database forms from relational to NoSQL. All this is not only creating opportunity for users but also confusion, as old vendors retrench and new vendors burst onto the scene.
This IDC Market Analysis Perspective provides a comprehensive view of the vendors, technologies, and users for such technologies, including the following markets:
- Dynamic data management systems (including Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL technologies)
- Dynamic data grid managers
- Nonrelational database management systems (including navigational, end-user, object-oriented, and multivalue DBMSs)
- Relational database management systems
- Database development and management tools (including DBA tools, database optimization technologies, database development tools, and database security software)
Included are analyses of the current state of the market, including competitive analysis and forecasting. User requirements are also presented, including survey data regarding Hadoop and NoSQL adoption. This IDC MAP is a summary of the analysis and outlook of the subject markets as covered by IDC's Data Management Software CIS.
Broadcom Inc., Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, CA Technologies, Inc., Google Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Apple Inc., IDERA, Inc., IBM, Amazon Web Services Inc., Pivotal Software, Inc., MongoDB Inc., Software AG, Cloudera, Inc., Quest Software Inc., InterSystems Corporation, Microsoft Corporation