This IDC Market Glance provides insights into the manufacturing sector worldwide. Creating a collaborative ecosystem requires the right technology, integrated into a functional and transparent technology landscape. Tools and solutions should be scalable, easy to integrate, and provide and process data mostly in real time. The wide range of solutions, vendors, and system integrators on the market makes it difficult to remain fully informed about the services and solutions that are available. This Market Glance is therefore intended as a tool for end-user CIOs, IT architects, and integrators that provides a complex overview of which vendors cover specific areas of the manufacturing collaboration ecosystem.
With that as a backdrop, our definition of collaborative innovation consists of the following segments:
- Collaboration Ecosystems: This includes collaborative product development, procurement, and production; connected supply chain applications; enterprise asset management; and digital twin processes. The last area is a new segment that is evolving rapidly as ecosystem stockholders begin to utilize real-time, up-to-date product and process data to improve product development processes and customer service, as well as for creating new data-based service models.
- Shared Application Ecosystems: This includes cloud services delivery, industry cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT) platforms, supply chain blockchain, and manufacturing data integration.
- Marketplace Ecosystems: This includes business-to-business (B2B) and B2C business-to-consumer (B2C) digital commerce for manufacturing, and both B2B and direct-to-consumer (D2C) price management.
- Information Exchange Ecosystems: This includes content sharing and collaboration and inter-enterprise data collaboration in the supply chain.
- Manufacturing Ecosystems Foundational Software: This includes enterprise networks and team collaboration, IT security, and manufacturing data models with embedded predictive analytics.
- IT and Engineering Services
"Manufacturing CTOs and system architects are familiar with many enterprise IT vendors, but creating a functional collaborative environment will require new products and services. As business models based on servitization are becoming more common, enterprises have to go beyond the traditional tools and look for inspiration in areas such as ecommerce and retail. It will be increasingly essential to find capable systems integrators to create complex, flexible solutions for different types of ecosystems." — Research Director Jan Burian, IDC Worldwide
Bamboo Rose LLC, Broadcom Inc., The MathWorks Inc., Atos S.A., Tech Mahindra Limited, TIBCO Software Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Google LLC, Rogue Wave Software, Inc., Handshake Corp., E2open, Inc., Unilog Content Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Atlassian Pty Ltd., Information Builders Inc., Centric B.V., Huddle Inc., True Commerce, Inc., Tangoe, Inc., Informatica Corporation, One Network Enterprises, Inc., DXC Technology Co., Zilliant Inc., Coupa Software, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Trend Micro Incorporated, Software AG, Alfresco Software, Inc., Insite Software Solutions Inc., OpenLedger ApS, DITTO LABS, INC., Ayla Networks, Inc., commercetools GmbH, Aspen Technology, Inc., Logility, Inc., Smartsheet Inc., Accruent LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., IFS AB, NEC Corporation, Aras Corp., HCL Technologies Limited, Fujitsu Limited, C3.ai, Juniper Networks, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Dassault Systemes SE, R3 HoldCo LLC, Elastic Path Software Inc., Alteryx, Inc., Dell Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., Box, Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Price f(x) AG, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Talend Inc., Periscope., Inc., IBM, Clear Demand, Inc., Arena Solutions, Inc., Gospel Technology Ltd., QiO Technologies Limited, WSO2, Inc., Channel Advisor, Epicor Software Corporation, Episerver Group AB, PROACTIS Holdings Plc, Wipro Limited, Revionics, Inc., First Insight, Inc., Hexagon AB, Infor, Inc., Vendavo, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., SnapLogic Inc., JAGGAER Inc., Perfect Price S.R.L., OpenText Corporation, Shopify Inc., GE Digital LLC, PROS Inc., Skuchain Inc., Jitterbit, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Akselos S.A., Basware Corporation, SAS Institute Inc., Accenture plc, Kinaxis Inc., Manhattan Associates, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., ABB Ltd., PTC, Inc., Digital River, Inc., Everledger Ltd., Infosys Limited, Kibo Software Inc., Apttus Corp., Intralinks Inc., Engage3, Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Tradeshift Inc., Slack Technologies, Inc., Larsen & Toubro Infotech, Symantec Corporation, Axway Inc., TOPSEC Ltd., Sage Group plc, ACI Worldwide, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, AVEVA Group plc, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Intel Corporation, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Dataiku SAS, Kong Inc., ToolsGroup Inc., Unisys Corporation, Flutura Business Solutions LLC, Citrix Systems, Inc., Forcepoint LLC, Blue Yonder Inc., RapidMiner Inc., Siemens AG, Autodesk, Inc., Altizon Systems Pte. Ltd., QAD Inc., Plex Systems, Inc., Dropbox Inc., InterSystems Corporation, KNIME.com AG, Syncron International AB
Analytic applications, Blockchain, Cognitive/artificial intelligence, Collaborative applications, Digital transformation, Enterprise asset management, Infrastructure and platform clouds, Internet of things, Network security, eCommerce