23 Feb 2017
New IDC MarketScape Evaluates Worldwide Digital Transformation Service Providers for Utilities
MILAN, February 2, 2017 — IDC Energy Insights today announced the release of a new study, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Digital Transformation Service Providers for Utilities 2017 Vendor Assessment (IDC #EMEA40124616, February 2017), which evaluates providers catering to the worldwide utilities digital transformation space. The 13 vendors evaluated in the study are Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, Deloitte, EY, IBM, Infosys, NTT DATA, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and Wipro.
This IDC MarketScape intends to provide utility companies in both competitive and regulated markets with insight into services providers' capabilities and strategies that is specifically designed to support them in their digital transformation journey. In summary, IDC Energy Insights finds that:
- DX demand is on the rise among utilities, and digital transformation services are quickly developing and becoming more mature across many services providers.
- Vendor services around DX often combine with a wide variety of IP assets, ranging from solutions to benchmarking methodologies.
- Vendors are developing capabilities to transform business and IT operations. They are looking to support their utilities customers with the digital capabilities necessary to deploy new business and profit models as associated business process changes, to identify new customer benefits and value creation opportunities, and to empower customers, partners, and employees.
- Many (but not all) vendors considered in this IDC MarketScape have acquired and integrated a digital agency. Digital agency services are typically leveraged to support customer-facing functions, including marketing and communications, sales management, customer service, and product/service management.
- DX service pricing has evolved. All the vendors have introduced more or less sophisticated performance-based pricing models, with output- and outcome-based slowly supplanting classic time-and-materials and fixed-price arrangements.
"The utilities industry is facing one of the most transformational periods in history, with digital being an essential component of the strategies industry executives are developing and deploying," said Gaia Gallotti, research manager, IDC Energy Insights EMEA. "The business rules of the past have given way to a 'new normal' in which agility, innovation underpinned by creative skills, and acumen with Big Data, analytics, and design thinking rule the day. To ensure success, assets and capabilities involved in digital transformation require experience in multiple domains and stakeholder support from within and outside the enterprise."
For more information about this study, or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with IDC Energy Insights' analyst team, please contact Kanupriya at +44 20 8987 7100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Studies are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing studies, contact email@example.com ; reporters should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC MarketScapes
IDC MarketScapes are the IT industry's premier vendor assessment tool, providing in-depth quantitative and qualitative technology market assessments of IT suppliers. IDC MarketScapes mitigate supplier risk by providing an accurate and consistent assessment of suppliers' characteristics, behavior, and capabilities.
About IDC Energy Insights
IDC Energy Insights assists energy businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers that serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the utility and oil and gas industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-ei.com, email email@example.com, or call 508-935-4400.
For more information, please contact:
+44 20 8987 7111
Copy the following code into your site
Deloitte LLP, Wipro Limited, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Atos S.A., Accenture plc, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Capgemini Services SAS, IBM, NTT, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Infosys Limited, CGI Group Inc.