IDC's Latin America Quarterly Server Tracker® provides detailed, highly segmented tracking of the server market and examines how server vendors are positioning themselves to compete in this market. It provides insightful analysis by vendor, product (blade, rack, tower, and multinode), model, product family, price band, operating system, chip type, socket capability, architecture, processor family, vertical industries, horizontal user segments, and distribution channel. Countries covered are Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perú, Venezuela, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, and the rest of Latin America. It also provides rolling eight-quarter and five-year country forecasts that are updated on a quarterly basis.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments, customer value, and vendor revenue.
- Chip types (x86, EPIC, RISC, and CISC)
- Processor brand (e.g., Xeon, Opteron, SPARC, Itanium, and Power)
- Product (blade, rack optimized, tower, density optimized, and large system)
- Product detail (blade, standard rack optimized, tower, standard density optimized, large system, custom rack optimized, and custom density optimized)
- Vendor families/models: For each vendor, major family and models subdivide the information. The model list is updated quarterly.
- Operating system platform breakdowns (Windows, Unix, Linux, i5/OS, and z/OS)
Optional Content Add-Ons
- Channels: Direct, distributor, VAR, systems integrator, telecom, and others
- Company size: Enterprise, large business, medium-sized business, small business, small office, government, and education
- Vertical markets: Retail, wholesale, media, telecommunications, education, banking, insurance, securities and investment services, federal/central government, state/local government, construction, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, resource industries, healthcare provider, personal and consumer services, professional services, transportation, and utilities
- Price band: $0–2,999, $3,000–5,999, $6,000–9,999, $10,000–24,999, $25,000–49,999, $50,000–99,999, $100,000–249,999, $250,000–499,999, $500,000–999,999, $1 million–3 million, and >$3 million
- Socket capability: 1+, 2+, 4+, 8+, 16+, 32+, and 64+
- Core capability: Dual, quad, six, and octa
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela, Perú, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, and the rest of Latin America)
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
- Interactive briefing with live telephone or onsite PowerPoint presentation
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include three years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at regional and country levels. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- By units
- By customer value (US$M and local currency)
- By chip type (x86 and non-x86)
- By product (blade, rack optimized, tower, multinode, and large system)
- By product detail (blade, standard rack optimized, tower, standard multinode, large system, custom rack optimized, and custom multinode)
Optional Forecast Add-Ons
- By horizontal segment (education, government, large business, medium-sized business, small business, and small office)
- By OS (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, and z/OS)