Every quarter, thousands of different mobile phone models are sold by over 300 vendors across the globe. Not surprisingly, keeping track of competitive mobile phone prices by model can be a challenging and expensive proposition for any company. IDC reduces this challenge for our clients by delivering online pricing data though its Worldwide Monthly Mobile Phone Pricing Watch.
Every month IDC captures over 40,000 smartphone prices from over 350 ecommerce websites across 30 countries. The data is cleaned and mapped to IDC tracker taxonomy and then delivered in a comprehensive format so that our clients can make pricing comparisons and management decisions with timely and accurate information.
This monthly pricing service is a complementary tool to IDC's core mobile phone tracker for analyzing the complete online pricing ecosystem.
IDC's Worldwide Monthly Mobile Phone Pricing Watch provides monthly web prices for mobile phones across the feature phone, phablet, and regular smartphone product lines. Prices are provided in local currency by model name:
Core Coverage Data Detail
- Country, name of ecommerce site, model name, product category, product, product detail, OS, air interface, generation, screen size band, storage band, currency, price, promotional rice, VAT/GST percentage, price without VAT/GST, and promotional price without VAT/GST
Other Filters Include
- Stock notes (translated into English), stock status, number in stock, date first found on ecommerce site, ecommerce site URL, ecommerce site product category URL, and model and price URL
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Mobile phone pricing data by model and country
This service is delivered monthly in an Excel flat file format. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative:
Key Questions Answered
This database provides the ability to answer the following questions that are critical to success:
- How do mobile phone prices by model vary across the globe?
- How do competitive mobile phone offerings compare in their prices?
- Which models are more highly available online by vendor and country?
- How do mobile phone prices vary across ecommerce sites in a country?
- How are my competitors' prices changing, by how much, and how often?
The monthly web pricing by model is provided for dozens of companies including:
Advan, Apple, Asus, Cherry Mobile (Cosmic Technologies), Coolpad, Google, Hisense, HMD, Huawei, Intex, Karbonn, Kyocera, Lava, Lenovo, LG Electronics, LYF (Reliance Retail), Meizu, Micromax, OnePlus, OPPO, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TCL, Transsion, Vivo, Wiko, Xiaomi, and ZTE.