IDC's United States Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker® satisfies the growing demand for detailed, timely, and accurate information on the U.S. hardcopy peripherals (printer, MFP, and digital copier) market. At the core of the product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in this highly competitive market. It includes powerful query capabilities via analysis filters such as subtechnology, MFP configuration, single-pass/multipass engines, user environment, channel segment, OEM, number of engines, and four discrete print speeds, including letter, A4, and format size. This product provides insightful analysis and quarterly updates that include up to eight-quarter forecasts.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share information for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments, value of shipments, channel segmentation, and ASVs.
- Printer technologies: Monochrome laser (laser/LED), color laser (laser/LED/solid ink), inkjet, serial dot matrix, and line
- MFP and digital copier (DC): Monochrome laser (laser/LED), color laser (laser/LED/solid ink), and inkjet
- Monochrome laser speed ranges: 1–20ppm, 21–30ppm, 31–44ppm, 45–69ppm, 70–90ppm, 91–150ppm
- Color laser speed ranges: 1–10ppm, 11–20ppm, 21–30ppm, 31–44ppm, 45–69ppm, 70–90ppm, 91ppm+
- United States
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary printer and MFP data (pivot table)
- Final historical printer, MFP, and digital copier data (pivot table)
- Final printer and MFP forecasts and textual analysis (web, Excel, and PDF)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include historical data, quarterly forecasts, and annual market projections. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Up to eight-quarter forecasts by technology, subtechnology, price band (inkjets), and speed range (lasers)