IDC's Worldwide New Media Market Model provides the most important demographic, technological, and commercial consumer Internet metrics for all worldwide regions of more than 40 countries. For each subject covered, it delivers both current numbers and a five-year forecast for a total of almost 250,000 data points. The Worldwide New Media Market Model offers a detailed view of Internet demographics, access devices and broadband households, online activities, ecommerce, Internet advertising, and consumer spending on online media. The Excel database deliverable is accompanied by research documents tracking quarterly worldwide and U.S. Internet ad spending and providing qualitative insight into forecast Internet advertising and mobile advertising numbers.
This product publishes IDC's market sizing and forecasts for the following Web 2.0–era markets and geographies:
- All worldwide regions, 44 countries
- User numbers, Internet access devices (wireline and mobile)
- Household broadband penetration
- eCommerce, both B2B and B2C (wireline and mobile)
- Wireline and mobile Internet advertising
- Premium content (consumer spending on online media)
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Internet users
- Access devices (including mobile devices) and broadband households
- Online activities (e.g., search, video, gaming, and wireline/mobile)
- B2B and B2C ecommerce (including mcommerce)
- Advertising spending — offline/online, online by advertising format (including mobile and video advertising and spend on social networks), and mobile by format, by device type, and by browser-based ads versus app-based ads
- Paid-for content (i.e., consumer spending on premium content)
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
- Quarterly database release
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which activities drive the most spending?
- Which are the segments in which regions are growing the fastest?
- Which online activities offer the biggest revenue opportunity?
- How much money is spent advertising various products/services?
- What are the latest trends in mobile advertising?
IDC's Worldwide New Media Market Model is the only model that provides blanket data for the most important consumer Internet metrics for more than 40 countries, the regions, and the world, based on one consistent model. Almost 250,000 data points cover basic socioeconomic data, user numbers, access device numbers, home broadband Internet access penetration, time spent online, online activities, B2B and B2B ecommerce spending, online advertising, and consumer spending on content. This model includes an emphasis on the increasingly important mobile segment. The Worldwide New Media Market Model is delivered as a semiannual Excel database and contains current market sizing, a five-year forecast, and historical numbers going back to 2009.